From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIADEM 8.1 millisecond patch

I have installed the recent DIADEM 8.1 patch. Supposedly it enables the DATA view to display milliseconds when importing and ASCII file but it does not seem to work. Has anyone been able to make this work. I have attached a sample data file alongs with it's STP file.
I also would like to export my timestamps with milliseconds to an ASCII output file. Can this be done?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,079 Views)
Hi Craig,

The DIAdem 8.1 Service Pack 1 enables DIAdem to accurately read in Date/Time columns with fractional (milli-) seconds from ASCII files. It does not enable the channels in DATA to reflect this correctly read value-- they still display in DATA rounded to the nearest second.

But the millisecond values are there, and you can verify this for yourself by graphing the data and noting that you get multiple data points between integral second values on the X axis. You can also change the format of the Date/Time channel in the DATA Channel properties tab from "Time" to "Numeric" and directly see the correct fractional seconds.

The DIAdem Date/Time format stores the number of seconds which have elapsed since 0 AD as a double precision (8 byte) real
number. So any non-integral values are indeed fractional (milli-) seconds. Bear in mind that with this approach the best accuracy you can get in our century is about 0.1 milliseconds.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
NI
Message 2 of 2
(4,079 Views)