DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create graphs with properties values

Yes,

The thing is that we have big datasets with a lot of channels and also a lot of properties or scalar values.So instead or adding more and more channels it will be very useful to be able to create bar graph. I know that with constants it is possible to get values from properties. But it is not the same as a bar plot for example.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,451 Views)
Thanks for your help Brad!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,450 Views)

Hi Naoa,

I suspect that I'm going to end up recommending that you index those files with the DataFinder and query the files/groups you want to include in the graph and configure the Group property you want as a property column in the Search Results area of the NAVIGATOR.  But I won't know for sure until I understand the scope of what you want to accomplish.  How many of these Group property histogram graphs do you want to create on the same report?  What other elements or other pages do you need to put on this same report?

If you have DIAdem 2012 or later, take a look at the shipping example "Evaluation Wizard for the Search Results of the DataFinder", which is the first example in the "Mining and Loading Data" section of the shipping examples.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,436 Views)

Brad,

I know this post is quite old, but is your previous comment still the primary advice even for newer versions of Diadem (i.e. 2018)? So search and filter for the specific property of interest using DataFinder and set as a property column?

I'm in the same boat as the original poster (and a lot of people)...the 65K channel restriction for loading data into Diadem was way too limiting, so I setup my parsers to load single values into properties instead of channels, but now it seems that I can't really do much with them. This seems like a pretty significant flaw in Diadem that I would think it should be better able to deal with by now. Hopefully there is better support for charting property values now and the answer will be different.

Thx,

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,002 Views)

Let's say that I have 3 Datasets all with a property "TotalFuel" and different values in each group, So what I will like to do is to plot this values in a 2DAxis object. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(968 Views)

Let's say that I have 3 Datasets all with a property "TotalFuel" and different values in each group, So what I will like to do is to plot this values in a 2DAxis object. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(960 Views)

Hi Guys,

Note that DIAdem 2019, just out the other week, now allows up to 150,000 channels in the Data Portal, more than a 3X increase from the previous limit.  R&D is being cautious with this arbitrary limit of 150,000.  Once we're sure there are no areas of DIAdem that struggle with 150,000 channels, there's a good chance that limit will increase in the future.  We had to overhaul the Data Portal and the previous channel selection dialogs because they were too slow to populate with hundreds of thousands of channels, for example.

I still recommend DataFinder indexing, querying and property column import for plotting and/or analysis of several properties over N different Files/Groups/Channels.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(839 Views)