DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control with DIAdem

My Problem: I´m brand new user of DIAdem and I don´t have no experience with controling. I was at a basic DIAdem training, but that was 6 months ago and was focused more on "measuring/analysing", than controling!
(and i doubt, if is DIAdem the right tool for our use ...... :-)) )
The Idea -> Control of six pneumatic valves, XX time a day.
I have no idea, how I can start ! I think the "controling script" will be very simple: We have six chanels A/D, we want to give an impulse ( for xx seconds, to tight the magnetic valve ). And this on 20 different times. e.g. 00:00 p.m., 00:10 p.m., 05:00 a.m., and so on .... Is DAC the right tool to do this ?! I think it´s no so easy to help me with this information, but maybe I ´ll find a DIAdemCRACK in the Web. Th
anks !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,668 Views)
Hello Mr Rimblock,

to realize a controlling task like yours it is most convenient to make use of the Script DAC driver. It allows you to call a VBS routine within a DAC scheme. The german DIAdem Basics course contains an optional example using the driver for GPIB communication with an instrument.

Place DAC and VBS into the same folder and open the script. It contains 2 tables with time schedules (for 2 valves). Adjust the schedules, save the script and start the scheme. The output of the script dac block should be 1 if the valve shall be closed and 0 if it should be opened. You can adjust the time resolution by changing the tact of the scheme and adjusting the tolerance parameter in the script.

Even though the program might not be doing exactly what
you need, I hope you can use it as a starting point for your development.

Ingo Schumacher
Application Engineering
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,668 Views)
Hallo Herr Schumacher,

... werde mich mal versuchen da einzuarbeiten.
Vielen Dank !
Leider ist der Basic Kurs in Aachen jetzt ein halbes Jahr her und erst jetzt hab ich die 9.0 Version zum "spielen" erhalten ... Darf´ich mich im Notfall für ein paar Fragen nochmal melden !?
Viele Grüße aus Düsseldorf,
Frank Pessel, (aka Mr. Rimblock) R&D Henkel KGaA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,668 Views)