From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change end value (D2AxisXEnd) on 2D-Axis in REPORT with script

Hello,

Im trying to change the D2AxisXEnd value on one 2DAxis with several sheets

I found this post but apparently D2AxisXEnd is obsolete and I don't understand the 2DAxisSettings  which you are supposed to use.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/Change-X-axis-end-only-plots-when-diadem-is-frontmost/m-p/1389606#M1...

The second part of the code that TCPlomp have written can be used, as its scrolls through all the sheets of 2Daxis but I just need to replace D2AxisXEnd with some other function.

The settings I want to set are for example
Scaling type: Linear
Scaling mode: Manual
Being: 0
End: 12
Origin: 0
Tick Inverval: 1

Thanks

/Niflheim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,240 Views)

Hello Niflheim,

I'm fairly new with Diadem, and I can't tell you the specific answer to your question, but if you go to the script tab, click the Enable Recording Mode (button on the top, near the calculator with a green circle (Diadem 2018)), then manually perform the changes you want it to make, it may convert it into the script you are looking for, which you can then find back on the script tab.  This may get you started in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,220 Views)

Hello Samhh1,

It doesn't record the action, one of the first things I tried.

I also copied the x-axle as script but doesn't help me.

I will try some other things and I might get it to work.

/Niflheim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,205 Views)

I am not sure which version you use. But the scripts syntax with Graphobj is outdatet for several years. So I assume you could use the object oriented sysntax. A good starting point is always to select the object or the subobject and then press ctrl + shift + C. This copies some script syntax in the clipboard which can be copied in the SCRIPT editor. Then you can use the Help to find a lot of examples.

The property you are looking for is "End for 2DAxisXScaling". Please look into the help or here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858P-01/reportapi/properties/report_property_end_irepd2ax...

Hope this helps.

Winfried

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,200 Views)

Im using 2017 atm but have access to the latest 2018 version.

I just found the thread from 2010 which have a similar function that I need. But most of the functions are obsolete.

Thanks for the property tips thats what I was looking for, I will check and come back with a solution for my request.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,197 Views)