From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot execute the "ScriptCMDReset" command

Hi,

I'm calling ScriptCmdReset() at the beginning of my script and this seems to have worked successfully for some time. Then, today, for a reason I cannot determine, I get the following error message:

"You cannot execute the "ScriptCMDReset" command at the moment.
Other user commands are activated."

Needless to say, I can't think of a way to diagnose this further and determine what is causing the message. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,329 Views)

Hey Simon. 

I don't know why it suddenly stopped working, (maybe a software update) however after reading the Help File for the command i can see that i'ts only supposed to be called at the end of a script. 

it's probably not the answer you wanted but hopefully it can help to guide you. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,299 Views)

That's interesting. In the help file page for the DIAdem version I'm working with, and on versions prior to the 2015 page you quote, the command can be used at the beginning and the end. See here for example.

If I am to avoid using it at the beginning, how do I empty/delete/remove/bin/whatever all the user variables?

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,290 Views)

i find weird that they changed the description from 2014 to 2015.

In regards to how to delete all variables, I'm uncertain as I usually don't use the scripting functionality.

Sorry i could be of more assistance. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,285 Views)