From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i extend the DIAdem trial period?

I'm developing a data collector for a client that wants DIAdem format files for his analyzes. Since I don't want to use DIAdem for anything else than to test my files (and thus not purchasing it), could I please prolong the trial period to finish my work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,201 Views)
Hans,

Please get in touch with your local National Instruments sales person and talk to them about getting a copy of the software on loan for a period of time.

There is no legal way of extending the test period of the demo version.

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,200 Views)
What about the illegal ways..:-)
Hans
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,200 Views)
I guess I asked for that one 😉

It seems like my answer kind of implied that there are ways to somehow get around this, but I am not aware that there is a way to do this.

You can install the demo on another computer and it will run there for 30 days. That's the only way I can think of, other than approaching National Instruments for a temporary loaner.

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,200 Views)
Yes, it was meant as a joke ... thank you for your advice anyway. I happen to have another computer which I hope will allow me to finish my job. If not I will contact my local NI office in Toulouse.
Hans
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,200 Views)
Hans,

IF by any chance you are developing the data collection application with NI's LabVIEW software, you should know that there is a free LabVIEW - DIAdem Toolkit which will enable LabVIEW to write data files in the DIAdem format. Just type "LabVIEW and DIAdem" in the search window of the www.ni.com web site to find the link to download the toolkit.

Brad Turpin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,200 Views)
Brad,
thank you for the tip, but I'm developing my s/w using Delphi5, producing header and data files to import in DIAdem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,200 Views)
Hans,

Please get in touch with your local National Instruments sales person and talk to them about getting a copy of the software on loan for a period of time.

There is no legal way of extending the test period of the demo version.

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,201 Views)