DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DataFinder calculate the Min/Max channel characteristic values?

Hello there,

I'd like to run a query against using the Min and Max values of a channel.  I know I can generate these values by loading the data and then using the 'Update Characteristic Values' function in the data portal.

I am wondering if DataFinder can calculate these values as part of the index operation?  I've generated loads of data (50GB) where these values were not calculated at the time they were saved.

Thank you,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,545 Views)

Hello Martin,

I'm sorry DataFinder currently does not provide such kind of functionality - so in your case you have to run a DIAdem script (or LabVIEW VI) and update all channels with this information.

Nonetheless I think this is a brilliant idea, so what about posting it in the DIAdem Idea Exchange?

It might be cool to provide more details such as:

- Should DataFinder calculate more statistical information while indexing files?

- Should DataFinder store this information back to the files or just add it to its index?

- What other kind of post processing, calculations or other can you envision while DataFinder is indexing files?

- Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,535 Views)

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the response.  I will add it to the ideas exchange as you suggest.

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,533 Views)

Hi Martin,

I have a batch processing script to do just this.  What kind of data files are you currently indexing?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,467 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the message, that sounds great.  They are tdms files.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,460 Views)