From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Control in Dialog Box

Hi,

I need a control in DIAdem dialog box, where user can choose date.

How to realize that?

I found that in older version some people used ActiveX control MSCAL.Calendar.7, but this control not supported now.

Any ideas?

Thank's,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,980 Views)

Hi prophecy13,

It sounds like the first step is finding a calendar that you can use. Below is a Microsoft forum that explains how to get a calendar running in Windows 7. This might be a good place to start.

Missing Calendar Control

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,935 Views)

Hi Andy,

It is not easy way, and I need to do it in each PC, where I want to run tool.

I did some workaround for this: I add to dialog edit control(with little label with help information for user) and then I check what user input to this edit by CDate. If CDate return exception then date in edit control is wrong, and I show error message for user.

Thanks,

Yuriy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,916 Views)

Yuriy,

I have another idea that I wanted to run by you.

It seems that MSCAL.Calendar.7 was replaced by a built in Date Picker (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/21bb7dd0-33c5-47e7-839d-4f8a69db36da/replace-m...). You can use an Active X control and navigate to “Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control” this will get you to the calendar control.

Sarina
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,900 Views)

Did anyone get this working?  I'm looking for a way to add a date range via an SUD for a scripted DataFinder query, but I don't see any sort of calendar in the list of ActiveX items in the dialog editor...

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,673 Views)

Hi Chris,

Since MSCAL.Calendar7 was removed in 2010 by Microsoft, they've also released this article documenting workarounds and replacements for the calendar control. If you do not need the calendar functionality itself, the most convenient option may be to provide users some sort of ComboBox selection for Month, Day, and Year to allow them to manually input the necessary date. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,654 Views)