DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calc RMS in band Cursor

Brad,

Yes it would save time.  Email sent.  All 10 at once would be awesome.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,212 Views)

Hi Brad,

I intend to the same thing that was first posted in this thread in the beginning. I have TDMS file with a channel and that channel has a signal with 3 different 'zone', of each i would like to calculate the RMS separately. Please see attached the screenshot from the channel.

I am quite new to Diadem. I have been working with basic Diadem script so far only with the help of the recording macro. But I would be able to follow with more specific instruction. So please help me. I downloaded the  "Selected Regions Stats.VBS" and the "Selected Region Stats.sud" and tried using it.

Firstly, do i need to open the "Selected Region Stats.sud" somewhere in diadem? 

And Do I need to change/adjust the script in "Selected Regions Stats.VBS" to match my channels/data? Please advise

How is the best I can do get 3 different RMS for 3 different 'zone' in one channel? Thankyouu very much for your help

For the information, I am using Diadem2017.

Regards,

Intan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(823 Views)

Brad,

I cannot get this script to work in DIADEM 2017. Could you check it out and let me know what to change, or post the adjusted selected region stats script that works with 2017.

Thanks,

Steve.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(792 Views)

Hey Steve,

Could you post your error or behavior that you are seeing where this doesn't work?

Thanks!

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(778 Views)

See attached .zip file for script and script behavior within DIADEM 2017.

Steve I.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(769 Views)

Hey Tech1930,

I took a look at this today and I'm getting the same thing. I'm going to see if I can talk to Brad to get more insight on this.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(756 Views)

Hi Tech,

Here's an edited version of that script that works in DIAdem 2017.  The statistics properties are no longer automatically created in the data channel IF the StatBlockCalc() command is carried out over a row subset of the channel.  The statistics properties will still be created IF the StatBlockCalc() command is carried out over the whole channel.

The changes are in lines 63 - 65.

Sorry for the hiccup,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 17 of 18
(728 Views)

Thanks a bunch Brad and yamadj! I got an error saying it needed the .sud file, I ended up trying the old .sud file and it worked just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(720 Views)