From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Import Trouble

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

Im new here, so there meight be an easy answer, but if you do not know it is difficult anyway.

I Have an exported CSV Dataset with ; as Seperator. The Dataformat ist the following way:

Time Stamp; Description;Value; Description1;Value1 ;Description2;Value2 and so on.

Time Formate; Header for next Colum in Text e.g. Pressure 1; Value for e.g. Pressure 1 and so on.

Is there a way to read the description an put is as Channel Name for the regarding Value Channel ??

Thanks for any Help

Dieter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,613 Views)

Hi, why don't you use DIAdem text data plugin wizard?

Using the Text and Excel DataPlugin Wizards

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
Message 2 of 4
(2,588 Views)

Thanks Emboar,

but with the Import Wizard I can solve only half of my Problem. This Time I attached a sample File for a better understanding. The Data are comming from an Exportfunction of Trendmonitor from ICONICS in the Way that the Header says Time Stamp // (Description and Value) as many time as Data you selected) and with the second row you start with the Time /// Text(Name of the Datapoint ) and a numeric value (Value of Datapoint) and so on.

Now the Question, Is it possible to Import the data in a Way that the Textdescription of the Data will be imported as Channelname and the rest will be deleted, to have a nice and clear set of data.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,557 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dklemm

Hi All

Brad Turpin send me an Plugin which works very well !

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,537 Views)