From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug on 2D axis system in Report (Diadem 2019)

Hello,

there is a bug in the  "2D axis system with Two Y-Axes (Left, Right)" object. These are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1) Open Diadem 2019 (No data loaded needed)

2) Go on the Report Panel and click on "New Layout"

3) Place a "2D axis system with Two Y-Axes (Left, Right)" object

4) Go on "Display" menu and try to change the scaling of anyone of the Y-axes from "Linear" to "Logarithmic" or any other. With the exception of "Inverted" and "Percentage" is impossible to change the scaling.

5) When you click on "Preview" or "OK" the selection resets to "Linear".

Of course the problem is still there if you try to import data in the plot.

The same problem doesn't happen with the "2D axis system with Two Y-Axes (Left)" object.

Can you confirm this is a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,991 Views)

Hi frax,

I can confirm that I get the same odd behavior you do when I go through the steps you outlined-- in both DIAdem 2019 and DIAdem 2018.  It seems to happen whenever there is a Y axis situated on the right side of the graph.

I'll ask R&D what's up,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,925 Views)

Hi frax,

Good news!  There's a way to avoid this dialog stubbornness.  The culprit is a checkbox setting in the "Axis System" tab of that same "Curve and Axis Definition" dialog.  By default with axes on both sides of the graph, the checkbox "Subaxis ticks aligned to main axis grid" is checked.  Having this checkbox checked restricts the scaling types to only the 3 linear ones you listed.  If you uncheck this checkbox, you will be able to set the scaling types of the axes to whatever you want, and the setting will both take place and stick when you hit the <OK> button on the dialog.

I'll see if R&D can come up with a way to make the source of this restriction more obvious to the user.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 3 of 4
(1,908 Views)

Hi Brad,

thank you for your support! I can confirm that the method you explained works properly.

Best regards,

frax

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,889 Views)