DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating a .dbc to an ADTF .dat

I am using DIAdem 2017 and when I load an ADTF .dat file, it shows the correct CAN channels but not signals which are on those channels.

How would I associate .dbc files to specific CAN channels? Looking on the board, it seems that Bus Log Converter is where it is normally done but under the Logfile section there is nothing for ADTF .dat and I am unable to leave it blank.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,716 Views)

Are you using the ADTF_DAT dataplugin?  

http://www.ni.com/example/53164/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,602 Views)

Hi redman,

If you want to access a lookup *.dbc file during the data loading, you need to use the Bus Log Converter, located in the NAVIGATOR panel.

Have you tried that yet?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,583 Views)

buslog.JPG

I have the ADTF .dat plugin installed. Which file type and logfile should I use?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,474 Views)

Hi redman,

I'm sorry, as of DIAdem 2019 we do not have the ability in the Bus Log Converter to decode CAN messages in ADTF *.dat files.  I spoke to R&D about it, and they said they built a prototype the last time a customer asked for this, but they never got any feedback as to whether it worked.  I will check if they have a prototype that will work with DIAdem 2017.  In the meantime, is it possible for you to submit or email (brad.turpin@ni.com) a log file or two along with the supporting *.dbc file for us to try out the prototype?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,430 Views)

Hi All,

R&D now has a prototype Bus Log Converter for ADTF log files (CAN only, not FLEXRAY).  It hasn't shipped with any DIAdem version yet, but it seems to work with the one data set redman emailed me.  So for anyone else out there who wants to do this, there's hope.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,417 Views)