From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Server Datafileloadsel running slower than outside of Analysis Server

Hi Group,

I am using Analysis Server to make a two TDMS files from a group of 200 tdms files. (kind of a summary and index file.)

When I am testing this in DIAdem I am seeing a significant difference in speed of operation when I am running the datafileloadsel command to load quite a few channels(2800) that are spread out among 200 plus files.

This speed difference is between running the AP in DIAdem to test the code, and actually running it on the Server. 

When in DIAdem to test it takes  under 60 seconds, when on the Server it takes 5 minutes.

Both complete correctly.

Note:  The Server is the same machine that running DIAdem test environment.

Am running this in VM running WindowsServer2016, 4 cores, 16 GB Ram.

Is there a reason that the datafileloadsel would be different in execution speed?

And if so, what can I do to improve operating speed?

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,046 Views)

Hi Paul,

I believe there's a different function to be used when loading data on the server.

You normally use oContext.DataLinks to load data into DIAdem when running on a server. 

In most cases you can convert your existing scripts with only a few steps: replace the way your current script loads the data by using oContext.DataLinks as data source, and report back results (oContext.LogResult (ResultsPath & " ... ")). You can even use Sub scripts which you refer to with ScriptInclude or REPORT layouts (TDR files) and other files. To add these additional files to your analysis procedure, complete the following steps:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,019 Views)