DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing X and Y Channel Names of a Coordinate Object of a 3D Report Object

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to show the X, Y and Z units of the Min and Max values of a Triplet Characteristic Diagram.  To do this, I am using the channel name to access the current channel of the Coordinate, so CurrXChnName. However, I can only get the CurrZChnName to show up, not the X and Y channel names.  In fact, the current X and Y channel ID variable is showing up as 0. 

I've attached a report layout that uses the default Diadem data set.  In there, you can see that there is only information for the Z channel.  

Any suggestions how I can show the units for X, Y, and Z channels of a min or max coordinate? 

(Also, someone should add TDR as an acceptable attachment to this forum...)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RussellSenior

Hi RussellSenior,

That's strange that only the Z channel seems to be working using the built in methods. As a workaround, you can still access the other channels by going through the DIAdem API like such:

@@Data.GetChannel(Report.ActiveSheet.Objects.Item("3DAxis1").Curves3D.Item(2).Shape.BoundingXChannel.Reference).UnitSymbol@@

This of course assumes your axis system is called 3DAxis1 and the Coordinate is the 2nd item. As you can see, we just get a reference to the channel that we're interested in (in this case the X channel), and then go through the Data Portal to access it's units.

Justin

Message 2 of 3
(2,472 Views)

That's an easy enough workaround.  Wish I would have thought of it...

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,469 Views)