From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing X and Y Channel Names of a Coordinate Object of a 3D Report Object

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to show the X, Y and Z units of the Min and Max values of a Triplet Characteristic Diagram.  To do this, I am using the channel name to access the current channel of the Coordinate, so CurrXChnName. However, I can only get the CurrZChnName to show up, not the X and Y channel names.  In fact, the current X and Y channel ID variable is showing up as 0. 

I've attached a report layout that uses the default Diadem data set.  In there, you can see that there is only information for the Z channel.  

Any suggestions how I can show the units for X, Y, and Z channels of a min or max coordinate? 

(Also, someone should add TDR as an acceptable attachment to this forum...)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,519 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RussellSenior

Hi RussellSenior,

That's strange that only the Z channel seems to be working using the built in methods. As a workaround, you can still access the other channels by going through the DIAdem API like such:

@@Data.GetChannel(Report.ActiveSheet.Objects.Item("3DAxis1").Curves3D.Item(2).Shape.BoundingXChannel.Reference).UnitSymbol@@

This of course assumes your axis system is called 3DAxis1 and the Coordinate is the 2nd item. As you can see, we just get a reference to the channel that we're interested in (in this case the X channel), and then go through the Data Portal to access it's units.

Justin

Message 2 of 3
(2,479 Views)

That's an easy enough workaround.  Wish I would have thought of it...

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,476 Views)