DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation error with Diadem 2011

I've started using Diadem 2011, and have run into an Access Violation error when loading some of my existing reports.  I've created a simple example which shows what's happening:

I've created a simple Bar plot:

DiademGraph.png

If I change the left hand bar to be "Filled" instead of "Right Diagonal", Diadem throws up an access violation error.  I've attached the TDM and TDR files used to create the graph.  The error in the log file is:

139  Error while executing "" command
     Error type: ACCESS VIOLATION
     Error address: 0004F5E5
     Module name:DIAdem.exe

Diadem: 11.0.3f4563 TDM

USI: 1.9.0f4551

DataFinder: 3.0.0f4556

(By the way, it would be great to be able to copy those version details directly from the About page!)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(5,389 Views)

GregS,

I was unable to open your tdm file you provided. I get quite a few errors when trying to open. Have you tried opening it on another computer? If so, are you able?

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(5,359 Views)

Sorry I don't have access to another computer.  Not sure why it's not loading - here's the same data also as a .dat and .lvm file, with an updated .tdr which seems (on my computer at least) to work with any of them.  Changing the fill to "Filled" gives the access violation error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(5,357 Views)

GregS,

Ive tried reproducing this on a few computers, but havent encountered the error. It could be an issue with permissions. Do you have administrator access on your machine?

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(5,333 Views)

Thanks Kyle for looking at this.  No I don't have administrator access on my account, but DIAdem was installed from an administrator account.  Is there a reason DIAdem would need to be run as an administrator?

I could try reinstalling and see if this fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(5,329 Views)

GregS,

My general rule is that I never rule out administrator priviledges as an issue because the windows handling of this sometimes works in mysterious ways. Is there any way you could get temporary access to test this behavior?

Regards,

Kyle Mozdzyn

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(5,314 Views)

Hi GregS,

Please post the TDX file that goes with the TDM file you posted already.  The DAT file also has an associated R64 file that's missing, and the LVM file has no data in the Type channel you're plotting on the X axis (maybe it's a string channel?).

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(5,288 Views)

I've tried this as administrator, and have exactly the same issues, so it doesn't appear to be a permissions problem.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled DIAdem and everything's the same.

Here's another ZIP file with hopefully all of the required files.  I've created the data files from scrathc several times, and see the same problem.  One other thing I've just noticed is that it only occurs when filling the bars with the color Black, not blue or red or anything else.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(5,286 Views)

Hi GregS,

Yeah, now that I have your data set, I can reproduce your error all right.  I'll let Kyle file the CAR, and hopefully we'll have an answer for you soon.

Sorry for the hassle,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(5,284 Views)

I am running into the same issue when I try to use any export function.  was there any resolve to this issue.

access violation

ERROR 0004f5e5

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(5,053 Views)