cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation error address 0005789D

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I just installed DIAdem 2017 - 32 bits version in windows 7 sp1 operative system. When I try to load any set of data into the data portal I get an access violation error address 0005789D. Any idea what could be the problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(5,144 Views)

What data did you import?

A special file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(5,131 Views)

Any kind of data (csv, dat, tdm...). Independently of the data extension, I get this error

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(5,127 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Did DIAdem ever work on this computer or are you working with a fresh installation?

If it was working before, what has changed on that system between the working case and the non-working case?

When you load DIAdem, by default it should load a .TDM file called EXAMPLE.TDM into the data portal. Do you get an access violation when you launch DIAdem?

Are you loading the data files by dragging them into the data portal? If so, do you also get the access violation if you load the file from a script using the DataFileLoad(<file path>) command?

Another thing to try is opening the examples (Help >> Examples and then click "Examples Gallery" to browse examples). Does loading an example throw the exception?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(5,094 Views)

Hi DJColeslaw,

1. I'm working with a fresh installation. So it is the first time that I install DIAdem in my laptop.
  2. When I load DIAdem by default the EXAMPLE.TDM is loaded into the data portal.
  3. Yes, I load the data by dragging them into the data portal.

The thing is that I am trying to work with a customized DIAdem version and for that reason I load a .DDD file which allow me to load tools developed in previous DIAdem versions. So, after I load the .DDD file, the access violation error occurs and I can’t load the data.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(5,015 Views)

I forgot to mention that I have 2 DIAdem versions in my laptop: one is 2014 and the other is 2017. When I work with the customized version in DIAdem 2014 (loading the .DDD file) I do not have access violation error. In the other hand when I work with the customized version in DIAdem 2017 the problem arises. The full message error is:

Error while executing "DataFileLoad" command

Error type: Access Violation

Error address: 0005789D

Module name: DIACmpnt.dll

And after that the program crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(5,004 Views)

Hi Daniel,

You mentioned that this happens after you load your desktop file, can you confirm that this problem does not present itself if you open with the default Desktop.ddd file? 

Can you provide some additional information about what, specifically, you altered in your custom .ddd file and how it enables the use of old tools?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,989 Views)

The problem does not present if I open the default desktop.ddd file, so I perfectly can load data into the data portal with the default setup. In my custom .ddd file I add some tools into the navigator panel in order to process data. Those tools were developed in a DIAdem previous version and the thing is that I have not modified the scripts which enable to load these tools 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,980 Views)

Daniel,

Quite a bit has changed in the DIAdem VBS API between 2014 and 2017 including the bar manager, which I believe came in 2015. Have you confirmed that each of your individual scripts will execute in the 2017 script engine without any errors?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel_Sebastian

Hi Andrew,

I finally found the solution for my problem. I was checking each of the scripts as you suggested and I found a particular statement which generates the access violation error:

Navigator.Events.OnFileLoading = "MyOnFileLoading"

when I commented this statement, I finally was able to load my data into the data portal . But when I uncommented this statement the problem appears. So, I'm get confused and I do not understand why does it happen. Do you have any idea ?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,959 Views)