DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About DIAdem-VIEW

Dear sir,
in the DIAdem-VIEW, there are "Hard Copy" function button.
but, it just supports print out function for paper.
can I save "Hard Copy" image to file, like a "*.bmp" image file?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,164 Views)
Hi

No, it is not possible by pushing this button - this button is only designed for a direct printer support. But, WINDOWS is supporting the "Hard Copy" function, too. If you push the keys CTRL + PRINT a copy of your current screen is stored into the clipboard. Than you can past it into other programs or tools to store it i.e. as bitmap.

I hope this will help you.

Greetings

Walter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,164 Views)
Hi Varis,

The "Hard Copy" function will always print to your windows default printer and it will always create a "screen shot" of your current screen. As Walter explained, there is a windows function to print to the Clipboard.

In addition to these, DIAdem VIEW offers a function called "TransGrf" (next to the white "i" in the blue circle) that allows you to copy the screen into the GRAPH window in DIAdem, where you can then modify the layout and print it as vector graphics at a much better resultion or save it as a BMG, JPG, etc. file.

The "TransGrf" function doesn't work with all types of layouts of VIEW, but it might just be the solution that will help you here.

There will be a better solution in future versions of DIAdem.

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,164 Views)
Hi Walter,

Thank you for your reply, It'll come in pretty handy.

allow me to make some more inquiries.
I found the "TransGrf" function doesn't work with "1 system [%]" and "n system [phys.]" scaling modes.
(as the case stands, I always hard copy the DIAdem-VIEW screen.)
can I upgrade the "TransGrf.vbs" autosequence file for all scaling modes?

It gave me pleasure to meet you.

Varis
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,164 Views)
Hi Otmar,

Thank you for your reply, It'll come in pretty handy.

and allow me to make some more inquiries.
can I upgrade the "TransGrf.vbs" autosequence file for all scaling modes?

It gave me pleasure to meet you.

Varis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,164 Views)
Hi Varis

Yes, you can. All icons to the right of the "Coordinates" icon are based on VBScript. The files are stored in the directory "...\DIAdem\Libr\AUT". And of course if you would like you can modify and/or expand them. But with DIAdem 9 which will be shipped in the end of the November this functionality will be completely supported.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,164 Views)
Hi Walter

Thank you very much.
that's very useful information for me
I hope to see you again.

have a nice day

Varis.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,164 Views)