DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4d Plot in DIAdem?

Hello there,

I was wondering if there is any way to create a '4d' plot in DIAdem?  By this I mean a 3d surface plot where the colour of the surface comes from a 4th channel, not the z data.

Thank you,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,875 Views)

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you don’t necessarily need a 4D plot but rather a plot that has an X, Y and multiple Z columns. This is described as a matrix formation in DIAdem as explained below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D3334147A76E66DF862569270077E778?OpenDocument

You can then use a variety of 3D graphs to represent your data.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards 

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,855 Views)

Hi Martin,

I have been asking R&D for exactly such a 4D graph for a long, long time.  Please make your voice heard at the feature request site for DIAdem:

ni.com/diademideas

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,800 Views)

I was looking this morning at the release notes for 2015 and it doesn't seem that this has been implemented to date. Is it part of the road map for the future? I could definitiely use that feature for some projects.

Digging a little bit deeper into some examples, I found this one and I wonder if it would be possible to use a similar script and function to allow cursor scrolling along the "3rd" dimension displayed on a separate graph and automatically viewing the updated map plot at the same time? Has any one implemented something like this and could post an example? That could be a simple way to allow visualization of 4D,5D or even more?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,355 Views)

Hi Olivier,

I am not aware of any current plans to add a true 4D functionality to DIAdem REPORT, although I still hold out hope that it will happen some day.  I have used various methods to flip through 3D "slices" of a 4D or 5D parametric surface.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,343 Views)