cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 time format rest

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working with data that has a 24hr time stamp associated with it. Sometimes data will be time stamped 11:59:59.999... and then go back 00:00:00.000...

However when bringing this data into the VIEW tab with another channel that has data associated with time (ie RPM corresponding to time), the view pane will take the two data channels and start them from absolute 0, rather than starting it at the beginning of the time channel (which could happen at any timestamp). I would like to see my time in a linear fashion from the start time of my data set to the end time even if I go through midnight.

Is there a way of resolving this issue BEFORE bringing the data into the view tab WITHOUT running a script to correct and order data that preserves data attached to that specific time stamp?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,823 Views)

Just checking to make sure I am understanding this correctly. You are wanting the data points in the VIEW tab to have their origin at the beginning of your timestamp without resetting? For example having the data start at 5:00:00  instead of having the data start at the absolute 0:00:00 and you would also like the data view to using the times even if they pass midnight? 

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,794 Views)

Yes that is correct. I want the origin of my data to be, say, 5:00:00, and if the data continues through timestamp 00:00:00 I do not want the time data to reset itself to a new origin at 00:00:00.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,777 Views)

Hi dc13,

You're asking for an automatic process to run at loading time that does time alignment based on a starting value that you, the user, get to pick.  How is that supposed to work?  Do you envision a pop up dialog for the user to enter the starting time to use for relative time display?  Is there a resource file somewhere that contains this start time that the automated process looks up?  Are you content with just hardcoding the starting time?

It would really help if you could post a data set for us to see what you're talking about.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,731 Views)

Brad, I beleive you are overcomplicating the problem statement.

During a 24hr time format, I am taking data that forces the time stamp to go from 23:59:59 to 00:00:00 (ie I am taking data when the time format resets at midnight). However, DIAdem does not recognize the start time of my file (in the example below it is 23:00:00 and recording at 14Hz) of 23:00:00 as the start time for a VIEW window. Instead it plots the data with respect to time as if it were to start at 00:00:00, have a big chunck of data "missing" then pick back up at 23:00:00. The issue I am trying to resolve is the way I view the data in the VIEW tab such that I am able to say use the band cursor in the data to section out some data from the START of the data that roles through the 00:00:00 timestamp. Does that make sense?

I aluded to the fact that I want to do this in a way that it can integrated across any files WITHOUT have to reorder the data to prevent from being lost/altered, and I would prefer the issue to be fixed in a dataplugin if possible, or in a script that can read the start time of a file and label that as the "origin" of the data set such that it can be view in the VIEW tab as previously discussed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,698 Views)

Hero of Hyrule had the exact clarification as to what I want in terms of the outcome.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,697 Views)

Hi dc13,

Post or email me a data file, and I'll see what I can do.  I still don't understand the problem statement, but I suspect I will once I see your data.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

brad.turpin@ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,666 Views)

Brad, there is an attached .csv file in the first of my two previous posts that has the data. It is also attached here again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,651 Views)

Hi dc,

Here's a DataPlugin I made that loads the files you sent with the correct elapsed time channel values.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,632 Views)

Brad,

Unfortunately the solution you provided appears to have assigned data into incorrect channels. Attached is a word document with the data.

The first column of Data represents an indexed set of the data that is not time dependent. This column is what I am ultimately looking for as the solution with the x-axis convereted to the corrected time instead of the index.

The Second column represents the current time dependent data that displays the issue of time overlapping that I am trying to correct.

The Third column represent the solution you gave me via that data plugin. As can be seen in that column, the data has been reassigned to the incorrect channel name (ie the velocity is now the distance, and the distance is now the acceleration). Additionally, it appears as though the velocity channel (which I suspect is actually the acceleration) has been modified in some way to give an incorrect display of the velocity/acceleration.

I think this is on the right track, but it needs a little refining and I am unsure as to how that can be done.

Thank you for your continued help on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,599 Views)