DIAdem Idea Exchange

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post an idea

EuroNCAP has introduced a new injury criterion for the THOR dummy, which would be very handy to have as a function native to Diadem through the Crash Analysis Toolkit

https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/67886/tb-035-brain-injury-calculation-v10.pdf

I'm a student in my last year of studies and I'm not that good working with scripts.

I work with Diadem to analyze my real-time data,  and when i import the excel files ( One year of data gathered in excel files separately ) into Diadem my columns change automatically to text format So i guess the solution in to write a script to convert my channels into Numeric format?

Capture.PNG

Many functions in DIAdem seem to be biased towards waveform channels, ignoring the classical ways of working with standalone numeric channels.

The ChnResampleFreqBased function returns waveforms when I think it should have the option to return standard numeric channels. My workaround is not to use it at all and to use the channel generation and linear mapping functions instead.

This obviates the need to reformat channels (wherein you also get a new X channel that you might not have wanted) and is less code. But why have to use two functions to get the same output that could have come from the one resampling function were it to have the option to provide numeric channels?

Regards.

Today I was trying to find the SCRIPT command for "Converting Numeric Channels into XY-Channels" and could not easily find it or record a script to find it. So two requests here: (1) when recording a script, output the script or have a message that says 'sorry!' and (2) update the help with the correct script functions, similar to the other channel conversion functions.

I tried to record a script, executing the ANALYSIS function "Channel Functions -> Channels <-> XY Channels", but nothing showed up in the recorded script.  

Looking up the help reference for "Channels <-> XY-Channels" only shows how to display the dialog, Call SUDDlgShow("Main", ResourceDrv & "AnaChnToXYChn")

All of the other "channel conversion" help documents show how to do this in SCRIPT, for example, "Numeric Channels <-> Complex Channels" shows "

ChnConvertNumericToComplex", similar for the Numeric to Time, Waveform, etc. My proposal is below:

Script Call:

Call SUDDlgShow("Main", ResourceDrv & "AnaChnToXYChn")

Set Group = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1)

Set XChannel = Group.Channels(1)

Set YChannel = Group.Channels(2)

Set YChannel.XRelation = XChannel

Screenshot_6.png

The idea is to have a description of the channels that are being used when doing this type of analysis and the order in which those values are being processed mainly because in this type of function the order of the channels will make a difference in the coefficient.

Screenshot_7.png

I was using an “assignment” channel as the “ChnEventTrueChn” for “ChnEventCreateFilteredTrueChn” and was really hoping the result channel would also be an assignment channel, but no, it’s not.  

My original assignment channel is matched up nicely with some text values, so it would be really helpful to have those values “carry” if I execute a function or calculation on the numeric channel.

FYI, Brad Turpin provided a workaround until this is implemented that works just fine for me:

Clone your assignment channel and use the clone for the ResultChannel channel in the “ChnEventCreateFilteredTrueChn”  function.

Set OldGroup = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1)

Set NewGroup = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(2)

Set OldAssignChannel = OldGroup.Channels(1)

Set NewAssignChannel = NewGroup.Channels.AddChannel(OldAssignChannel)

Call ChnEventCreateFilteredTrueChn(NewAssignChannel, ChnEventList, OldAssignChannel, ChnEventFalseValue)

I would like a tool that would help identify noise spikes in my data, so that they may be set to NO VALUE or carefully interpolated.  In the attached example, I have two torque spikes in my data that are significantly higher than the mean.  If I were only looking at one file, I would simply "Set Flags" in VIEW, then "Flags: Remove Data Points". However, I am reviewing dozens of files with several channels of interest.  

Peak data points are the most damaging to the components under test, so it is important that we keep the real events and reject the noise.  

Concerns with other peak / spike removal options:

• Manual Set Flags -> Flags:  Remove Data Points; time required
  • ANALYSIS -> Event Search -> Event = Window -> Upper Limit:  In other data files, I have real events with values higher than the noise in this data file.  
  • ANALYSIS -> Digital Filters or Smoothing:  This will change all of the data - it will likely narrow the peak-to-peak of my other data and interpolate my noise spikes, adding damage that is not actually real.  I only want to remove a few data points in the channel data. 

nCode Glyphworks has a nice Spike Detection Tool that uses 6 available algorithms to detect spikes.  Once it identifies them, it allows the user to see them, prior to performing any actions - this is important, because it allows the user to identify if they are real or noise, prior to taking action.  

Download All

Please include an 'Integrate' (or 'Integral') feature for a specific definition range (x-axis) in Analysis / Statistics / Descriptive statistics, as the Integrate feature in Analysis / Basic Mathematics only supports integrating for whole channels.

I want to add a feature of TREWESS into DIAdem. There is a statement in the "Dynamometer Performance Evaluation and Quality Assurance Procedures" that the TREWESS technique (available using DataDesk analysis software:https://datadescription.com/tech-specs/) is a recommended approach. Right now, although OEMs need to adjust standards from "Dynamometer Performance Evaluation and Quality Assurance Procedures" to "40 CFR Part 1066", there is not mentioned about filtering in the responsive assessment so that some OEM customers(especially who have certified Dynamometer benches) request to evaluate with previous TREWESS. Since DataDesk has features of Lowess, TREWESS and Running Median in the Non-Linear Smoothers, they want to use at least TREWESS in the Non-Linear Smoothers.

makes targeted placement faster and easier

I really love all of the Event search functions and commands, but I wonder if perhaps you could make a class out of this so we'd have intellisense available.  Also, many of the commands are very similar and difficult to find.

event.png

Include an rotational speed depending filterring function to extract ordern in a time signal

Hi all,

sometimes it can be an advantage for data manipulation to have the possibility to access to an index channel (a channel just containing the values from 1 to n) generated out of channel with length n.

Such a channel would be helpful when using event search function which have to be performed on a certain number of values o in a certain block of data in a channel.

This function could be integrated in the current function "Generate Numeric Channel".

Best regards

Hello

I was wondering if there would be a way to implement an linear extraploation function which would allow the user to extrapolate between two linear points?

For input I would image the function would need data between two data points of a channel and how far out (or in or both) the end user would like to extrapolate.

I have created my own function but it would be neat to have one available in DIAdem to quickly select some data points on a curve.

Attached is a copy of my function

storethere.jpgMany DIAdem ANALYSIS functions offer storing the result in the original channel. And if this is not chosen, result goes into 'default group'.

My suggestion is to add another checkbox to chose storing in the group of origin.

Then, if I do an analysis over 25 groups (a typical number in R&R studies) each group will contain the calculation results of their own source data.

OK, I can call set default group. But still, I'd like to be able to use that feature 🙂

Michael

It would be fantastic if you would develop your own, or put a wrapper around one of the existing public domain, statistics packages and greatly expand on the statistics currently offered in the product.  Evaluating the statistical significance of data seems a natural and powerful feature that should be included as part of data analysis.

The idea is to provide a "Channel concatenation" button in the default Analysis panel > Channel Functions.

After clicking this button, a dialog box should open, where the various Channels of different Channel Groups can be selected for the concatenation process. In the same dialog box, some options for the channel concatenation could be selected as well.

In this moment, some example scripts can be found in the discussion board for the concatenation of N Channels in M Groups. However, these scripts are quite cumbersome, not easy to customize, and providing too many optional features that are aiming to address shortcomings in the time or data channels to be concatenated.
It is a good practice, however, to correct first the issues in your Time and Data channels that prevent them of being concatenated properly.

The channel concatenation function would be a very useful feature, especially for engineers working with big datasets, that are increasingly recorded in contemporary data acquisition.
Typical examples of big datasets are vehicle CAN network data, recorded over an extended period of time (weeks, months).
Usually, these data are divided into multiple data files, which then need to be concatenated afterwards in order to cover a selected recording period, prior to further analysis of the data.

Knee, Thigh, Hip (KTH) is a newer injury requirment for the IIHS small overlap test.  I would like to see it added to future versions of the crash analysis tool kit.

Thank you,

David

I am very glad that the SRS analysis function was included in DIAdem!  Thanks!  Now, I would really like to be able to supply my own channel of specific frequencies that I would like the SRS analysis performed at.  The current implementation has the user enter the number of frequencies he wants per octave.  There are occasions where I am generating an SRS from data to match an existing SRS and it would be very useful to use the same frequencies as the original.  Thanks!

Add a function to setup live measurements of curve data between cursors.  As the cursors move the function uses the new curve data between the cursors to immediately update the measurement field(s).  This functions comes standard on most advanced digital oscilloscopes.  The oscopes' usually have a measurement screen where measurement parameters are entered for the specific measurement desired.  My immediate desire was just to measure RMS between verticle cursors but by no means should this function be limited to one measurement type.