From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conzemic

data reduction on loading: add start value and data count

Hi Michael,

As of DIAdem 2014 the right-click "Data Reduction..." context menu in the NAVIGATOR allows you to specify a desired index range for the channel(s) you selected to load.  Thanks for the great suggestion.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Hello.

The data reduction on loading could be extended to facilitate partial loading of large data sets:

Currently, it shows 'intervall width' or 'interval number' and 'reduction method (1st value, avg. min, max)'.

I'd love to have an option to define start value and data count, too. Similar to the FFT-timing dialog, where 'start/number/width' can be defined. Today, I always load the full data set, display in view, mark the relevant area and crop via 'mark data' and delete. Works ok, but when I know that I will need maybe the first 5 secs of a 10 minue measurement for one evaluation, it could be done easier, if I only load what I need.

Thank you.

Michael

2 Comments
MarcusP

Hi Michael,

Since DIAdem 2011 you can use the VBScript command DataFileLoadRed("MyDataFile.TDM","TDM","","IntervalWidth",1,1,5,395) to import only a section of your data (in this example from index 5 to index 395).

Maybe that helps until a function in the UI is available.

Marcus

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast
Status changed to: Completed

Hi Michael,

As of DIAdem 2014 the right-click "Data Reduction..." context menu in the NAVIGATOR allows you to specify a desired index range for the channel(s) you selected to load.  Thanks for the great suggestion.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments