From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frago

Scatter Plot Option

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

In many cases a scatter plot is necessary to evaluate measured data. A direct option to select a scatter plot chart in the 2D-axes Dialogbox

Dialog.png

would improve the usability of Diadem VIEW a lot.

7 Comments
ntur

I agree with frago.  A scatter plot option would be very helpful to avoid confusion when others view my plots and mistake the line that joins data points as actual data.  

All it would take is the capability to allow the user to set line width to zero instead of having a minimum value setting.

MarcusP
Hi ntur, It's not as convenient as a scatter plot option but you can at least workaround by configuring markers on the curve in a color of your choice while at the same time setting the curve color to none. Maybe you can make use of some self-defined standard layouts so you don't need to configure the curve / marker parameters each time. Marcus
dietfons

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

Chris@GE

Other options that would be useful is the ability to size and color the dots or circles based on an amplitude.  This would provide a colormap/Campbell diagram 'like' plot that could plot unevenly spaced triplet data.  This would be useful for rotating machinery analysis.  (I've tried using the contour plots for a matrix of spectra.  These plots are very slow and cumbersome to use.  I've also tried using a subset of the maximum amplitudes in a triplet format, but the actual data values are replaced by the interpolated data.)

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)

Hello Chris,

For the next DIAdem version, we made several extensions in this direction. If you are interested, I can invite you to the DIAdem 2019 Beta Test, which starts shortly in April. Then you can test these new features give feedback. If you would like to test the new version, please send me your email address.

Greetings

Walter

Chris@GE

Hi Walter.

Sorry for the slow response.  I've been tied up with several other activities for awhile.  Something similar to a scatter plot would still be helpful for us.  Can you expand more on the extensions you have in DIAdem 2019?  I have been using it for a few months now, and I haven't found a scatter plot yet.  Can you point me in the right direction to get started?  

Thanks,

Chris