DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ludwig72

Saving a complete project

Please have a look at the example “Creating and Saving a Work Session” in the DIAdem ExampleFinder below “Extending Functionalities with Scripts”

Greetings

Walter

A typically Diadem workflow consists of at least two parts: Navigator and View or Navigator and Report. 

I always have to save and load every single file separately.

I wish I could have a button "Save Project" where all files of the actual project were saved in a single package and a similar "Open Project" Button.

The package can be a Zip-File that contains all the *.TDM, *.TDX; *.TDV, *.TDR and *.VBS files of the open project.

5 Comments
Otmar
Active Participant
Status changed to: Under Consideration
This is something that the DIAdem R&D team is looking into adding in a future release of DIAdem. While is sounds like an easy to implement feature, we also have to consider the Units catalog, any user commands that might have been created, settings in the DDD (DIAdem configuration file) and some other parameters that would have to be part of a project file. This is a larger project that is on the wishlist list for a future release of DIAdem. Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
Ludwig72

... 6 years ago this issue was changed to "under consideration". How is the state today? Any news?

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

Please have a look at the example “Creating and Saving a Work Session” in the DIAdem ExampleFinder below “Extending Functionalities with Scripts”

Greetings

Walter

JuliaDawkins

I still think it makes sense to have this as a regular feature of DIAdem! It is a very common question and it doesn't make sense for every user to add this to their own DIAdem experience.

Chris123123

I agree. Maybe it can even be a separate file extension, opening it will launch DIAdem and all files.