DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MS_DC

Save Data compressed (i.e. MDF4.1 compressed) to reduce disk space

With installing the latest MDF4 DataPlugin a MDF4-zip DataPlguin is registerd on the system to save MDF4 compressed bulk data blocks (DZBlock). The defautl "MDF4" DataPlugin do not save compressed bulk data blocks.

Greetings

Walter

Preparatory having compressed TDM(s), the ready defined MDF4.1 could be used to save disk space.

3 Comments
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

az_ltr

Up vote for me.

It would be very helpful to have a transparent option to store data compressed if enabled and beneficial probably on the channel data and leave the properties raw available to be quickly indexed.   Then a lower priority process checks to see what type of compression is optimal including none to channel waveform data.  I think at least for the datasets that I have seen compression ratio is on order of 2-5% so instead of 655MB files I have 12MB files.  Much smaller to archive and transport from the DataFinder to DIAdem.

Adding file properties to auto archive after not being accessed in X days might be helpful too.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

With installing the latest MDF4 DataPlugin a MDF4-zip DataPlguin is registerd on the system to save MDF4 compressed bulk data blocks (DZBlock). The defautl "MDF4" DataPlugin do not save compressed bulk data blocks.

Greetings

Walter