From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Lukas_Doubek

SCRIPT PANEL: Jumpt into method by clicking on it while holding CTRL or ALT

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that no other sponsors is supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

When i got a class opened using some object or its own methos, could be great it i could jump into the method by clicking on it, which would open the file and focus on the method

5 Comments
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that no other sponsors is supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

Lukas_Doubek

1.5 years old.

i got "sponsors" on the task to be able to change order of script tabs in SCRIPT panel, so please make this possible

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)

Here is a commend from this request here:

The bottom line, though, in all deliberations regarding the merits of possible future features in the DIAdem script editor, is that with the advent of python scripting in DIAdem, the focus is definitely shifting away from editing DIAdem scripts in the DIAdem SCRIPT panel and moving toward editing DIAdem scripts in external script editors, such as Visual Studio Code or PyCharm, etc.  R&D is choosing to focus its efforts on core DIAdem strengths and not on reimplementing the excellent script editing features that are already available for free.  R&D will, however, be introducing DIAdem features that make it easier to navigate the shift from DIAdem execution/display to external script editor and back.  For years, customers who wanted serious DIAdem script debugging have been using external script editors and connecting DIAdem execution with them via the just-in-time debugging stack.  We are now formalizing this approach and making it more accessible with improved integration, new icons, documentation, etc.

Maybe this helps to understand our decision.

Greetings

Walter

Lukas_Doubek

Ok, is there some documentation, how to implement external editor?

I dont know how connect it. If i will use external editor, is there a way to run the script from the external editor? visual studio code does this? and debugging works as well in it? like im debugginf in VSC by line and watching dataportal in diadem in the same time?

I would like to try to use extertnal editor as i never tried it, but i need to be connected together, or i will be ALT-TABbing all the time 🙂

i see that it useless for u to work on script editor no more if its this feature available. thanks for info

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)

This is an ongoing process that has just started. Except for debugging, there is currently no direct support for external editors. This is planned for future DIAdem versions.