From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsalyards

Plotting True/False Channels

That’s a good point, Brad. Hopefully is helps with an easier handling of true/false channels.

I will turn back the status to declined, because that’s our current decision.

By the way, declining a suggestion doesn’t mean not developing it in the future. It only says not developing it in the next two or three versions. The suggestion is still on our internal list of further feature options.

Greetings

Walter

I work with a lot of data that contains true/false parameters.  I spend a good amount of time converting these channels to 0's and 1's in order to plot them with other numerical parameters.  Excel will automatically plot true/false parameters as 0's and 1's, but I prefer to use DIAdem.  It would be very helpful if DIAdem could plot these without converting them.

4 Comments
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

Slounis

@Walter_Rick , 

It is a bit disappointing to hear you are declining the request above. it a basic function and should be implemented. 

It would be great if you could review your decision. 

Regards 

Slounis 

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast
Status changed to: New

Hi Slounis ,

Have you tried using DIAdem's Assignment Channels to make this conversion easier?  They're like enumeration channels, only they can support multiple numeric values mapped to the same string, which is useful in some situations.  Take a look at the "Channels <=> Assignment Channels" dialog in the "Channel Functions" palette in ANALYSIS.  If you choose the last radio button option, "Text channel to assignment channel", then your True/False or Pass/Fail strings will automatically get mapped to integer values, and you can use those integer values in a plot or other analysis.

In case it helps,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Brad

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

That’s a good point, Brad. Hopefully is helps with an easier handling of true/false channels.

I will turn back the status to declined, because that’s our current decision.

By the way, declining a suggestion doesn’t mean not developing it in the future. It only says not developing it in the next two or three versions. The suggestion is still on our internal list of further feature options.

Greetings

Walter