DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nimic

In ANALYSIS add option to store in group of origin

Thank you for your suggestion.

We understand your suggestion well and discussed this in R&D. The implementation of this function will create a lot effort. All dialogs need the checkbox extension and all analysis function an additional parameter. This parameter needs to be optional for compatibility reasons. And as you have already described, only one additional command in your script is necessary for the same functionality. That is why we have decided not to implement this suggestion. We hope you understand this.

Greetings

Walter

storethere.jpgMany DIAdem ANALYSIS functions offer storing the result in the original channel. And if this is not chosen, result goes into 'default group'.

My suggestion is to add another checkbox to chose storing in the group of origin.

Then, if I do an analysis over 25 groups (a typical number in R&R studies) each group will contain the calculation results of their own source data.

OK, I can call set default group. But still, I'd like to be able to use that feature 🙂

Michael

3 Comments
ledz

Or alternatively, they could allow changing the default group while an Analysis window is open.

Leo Zschokke
Test Engineer C-EPS
ThyssenKrupp Presta AG
nimic

Interesting idea.

Admittedly, though, my prime use is in script-based mass data evaluation, whence an equivalent parameter in the function call would be more helpful.

Michael

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Thank you for your suggestion.

We understand your suggestion well and discussed this in R&D. The implementation of this function will create a lot effort. All dialogs need the checkbox extension and all analysis function an additional parameter. This parameter needs to be optional for compatibility reasons. And as you have already described, only one additional command in your script is necessary for the same functionality. That is why we have decided not to implement this suggestion. We hope you understand this.

Greetings

Walter