DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADobson

Goto Definition

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

This idea is borrowed from other programmers editors where you can select a sub-routine name or function name and then right click on this name to jump to where it is defined. The path to search for could be based on the currently open scripts within Diadem Script editor or it could be extended to all user commands currently loaded.

Goto Defined

5 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi ADobson,

I like your suggestion.  Note that with the current editor if you double-click on the function or variable name to highlight it, then press <F3>, you'll get taken to the next instance of that text in the script.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

ADobson

I realized that F3 works that way in Diadem as it is a standard Windows function key response, though not all apps make use of it. I commented on that in another idea where I was looking for a nice visual way to see all hits.

dietfons

Pieczarek

There should be a new window too, that shows only all SUB´s and Functions of the script (only the definitions, like an object viewer) and by clicking on one the cursor jumps to the source.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter