DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregSands

Error bars for a Bar Plot

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

A fairly common graph (for me anyway) is a Bar plot with positive vertical error bars drawn:

Bar Graph With Errors

In Diadem 2010 and previously, it was possible to create such a graph by creating a Line plot with error bars, and then converting to a Bar plot- a little dodgy, but it worked.  In Diadem 2011, this no longer works, and it is necessary to create two plots: one Bar plot and one blank Line plot with error bars.

My suggestion is that it would be much cleaner to allow the definition of error bars on a Bar plot directly - after all it is a single quantity.  In fact, almost all of the other plot types could also benefit from being able to add error bars directly.

This would also help in being able to create Box plots - a process that is currently less than straight-forward.

3 Comments
dietfons

Hello GregS,

I agree that it would be more comfortable to have an additional tab with deviations in the bar settings dialog. Alternatively, you could use a special way to combine different display modes in REPORT: Please use the display mode "Special combination". Please use the following settings:

Tab "Line": Line color = color of error bars; Line style = nothing

Tab "Special Styles": Choose "Bars"

Tab "Deviations": Choose your settings for the error bars

With this you only need one definition in the curve list. Hope this helps,

- Dieter

MS_DC

Leider funktioniert dies nicht bei Balkengruppen

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter