DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshRew

Copy VIEW Sheet

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

In DIAdem 2011 we now have the ability to conveniently Copy REPORT sheets and Append VIEW sheets, now it'd be great if we could Copy VIEW sheets (with script accessibility, of course).

I know this has been mentioned before, but doesn't have an "Idea Post" so thought I'd add it so it doesn't get lost.

-Josh

5 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Joshua,

I heartily agree, in fact this is one of the features I would personally most like to see added to DIAdem.  I'm confident this will happen, but I fear it won't happen quite as quickly as we'd both like.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

LudekS

Hi,

The solution is probably not clean (brutal), but works

Option Explicit  'Forces the explicit declaration of all the variables in a script.

Dim ActiveSheetIndex
Dim i
Dim n,n1,n2
i=0
ActiveSheetIndex = View.Activesheet.Index
n = View.Sheets.Count
Call View.SaveLayout("c:\YourPath\Copy.TDV")
Call View.appendLayout("c😕YourPath\Copy.TDV")
n1=n+1
n2=n*2
For i=n2 to n1 step -1
if not( i=ActiveSheetIndex+n) then
Call View.Sheets.Remove(i)
end if
Next

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

ATarman

This would be a very helpful feature [duplicate VIEW tab].  

The script from LudekS works well, but unfortunately, I've had issues with it causing a corruption of the TDV file [I believe this is root cause] if I close DIAdem and reopen the TDV file.  

ATarman_0-1583767280108.png

davidwatagis

Hello all

Has there been a DIAdem release since 18-05-2018 with that great idea?