DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshRew

Assignment Channel Table Format

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

Assignment channels are useful for converting extremely long text channels with repeated values into numeric channels for saving, but I feel like viewing the text values in table format is clumsy as it requires converting the channel back to text or manually looking up the value in the Assignments property "Parameters" dialog.

I would like to see a native option in the "Format" box to directly display the assignment text rather than the numeric value for assignment channels in VIEW and REPORT tables.

For example, in the Format Numbers dialog, in addition to Automatic ("AutoAdj"), Number ("d.dd"), Date/Time ("#mm/dd/yyyy"), etc. entries, you would also see Assignment ("Assign") option.  This would allow you to display the numeric value by default as it works today (to preserve efficiency in VIEW and backwards compatibility), or be able to see the text directly in the table.

A few challenges:

• I assume this would make the channel read-only in VIEW, as the .Values AssignmentChannel property is today.
  • Displaying of text values for unassigned numeric ranges.  Probably just stick with "NOVALUE", but could also do "UNASSIGNED"?

I believe the same visibility could be accomplished through an X-Table toggling between .Values and .DValues, so hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish natively.

I've attached some image mock-ups for clarity.

-Josh

1 Comment
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter