DATA AHEAD toolkit support Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XLR8 - transfering license between computers

Solved!
Go to solution

I have read in another forum thread that a purchased license for XLR8 can be installed on two different development PCs.  That's great.  However, is there a way to transfer that license to another computer? i.e. uninstalling on one PC and installing it on another PC?

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,547 Views)

Hi,

the XLR8 license is a single seat license. The EULA for XLR8 is very specific about what you are allowed to do. As of July 2018 it states:

End-User PC License
With a single End-User PC License you may install and use one copy of the Software on a single computer. You may not share the license between different computers, nor install it on a server based computer, nor use the Software on more than one computer at the same time. As a special exception, the primary user of the Software may make a second copy for exclusive use on either a home or portable computer, provided the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is used on only one computer at any one time.

For Deactivation and transfer, see this Blog entry.

Regards

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,527 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TeraTech

Thanks for the reply and  for the quoted EULA, however it does not answer my question.

I am not trying to do any of the forbidden actions listed in the EULA.  However, having then read your Blog Entry on Deactivation and Transfer, I found my answer.  "Good news: From now on you will be able to deactivate your license and transfer it to another system. " This was not evident from the EULA alone.

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,523 Views)

Hi,

first I just cleared up your quote of an forum thread. You are allowed to install the license on two computers but with very specific restrictions!

Second I refered you to the blog entry for your activation/deactivation question.

Regards

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,519 Views)

How do I deactivate an XLR8 License from a computer that is in the process of being decommissioned which has LabVIEW 2013? Deactivation instructions are for LV2014 and higher. I would like to move that license to the new computer. Same username just new computer, newer LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,269 Views)

Hi,

I've send you a PM with further details how to get in contact with us.

Regards,

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,263 Views)

Hi,

I have a very similar question. I need to deactivate the license in a desktop computer to activate it in a notebook. Using the Deactivate Button on the "Third Party Add-on activation utility" bring me to an error (using the internet connection). 

Thank you very much,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,146 Views)

Hi Francesco,

I sent you an answer by e-mail about 3 hours ago, as you got in contact with us via that communication channel.

There is no general answer to that question that will fit to all cases. So please get in contact with us under the e-mail addresses given in the help-files of our toolkits.

Regards,

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,143 Views)