DATA AHEAD toolkit support Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XLR8 - Activation both 32bit and 64bit

The LabVIEW installer usually installs 32-bit version and 64-bit version on a single computer. When I make the application(EXE), I use 32-bit version for measuring data and 64-bit version for analysis data using large memory. I know the XLR8 license is a single seat license. Is it possible to activate both LabVIEW 32-bit and 64-bit by a single seat license(same license ID and activation password)? Do I need to purchase two(2) licenses? Please give me XLR8 license information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,385 Views)

Hello

one XLR8 licenses is valid for all LabVIEW versions on one system (32- and 64-bit).

Regards,

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,354 Views)

Due to very recent tests I have performed I have to add that it might be very difficult up to impossible to activate a third-party toolkit license in the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of LabVIEW 2017 and above in parallel. Depending on the time of installments and activations of the toolkits you might end up with a valid license in the 32bit-version, but an invalid license in the 64bit-version.

There seems to be an error in the "RegisterAddOn.exe" from NI that does the final activation of the license.

Exact details are unknown to us, it is on the ToDo list of NI, unfortunately with a low priority.

Regards,

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,351 Views)