DATA AHEAD toolkit support Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP7 toolkit, connect.vi, Error 66 (TCP Write)

Hello,

We are recently testing the toolkit to write a Word value to a DB existing on a Siemens PLC (model S7 300). The connect.vi already produces error, code 66 (origin is TCP Write). We properly set the IP address, PLC Type, timeout is 5000 msec.

I did not find any manual for this toolkit, only a short start guide. Do we need to set anything on the PLC side to enable communication? The IP address is correct, since using another IP results in other error code.

Additional question: I can see I can Read and Write data as arrays. What about if I need to write a single Word value to a DB on the PLC? I guess I should just use a Word array with a single element, yes?

Thanks for support!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,353 Views)

I already got lots of support from the developers. Unfortunately it looks like the toolkit does not work for our PLC setup.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,238 Views)

Hi Blokk:

Did you ever solve the communication problem with the SP7?

I have the same issue, but I didn't go that far, I get an error 62, right at the initialization vi, I tried the Open TCP and it works, doesn't report any error, but when the read/write operations start is when the s.. hit the fan. BTW, I am using LV 2015 and the latest rev of the SP7 package (1.8.xx, already tried 1.6, 1.7...)

I would greatly appreciate if you could share your solution with me, I am stuck with the PLC. What am I missing? Anything to be set on the PLC side?

See attached error message and connection info..

Thanks

Leo Eiranova (leiranova@aavid.com)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,591 Views)

Hi Leo,

I sent you an e-mail with a test VI. Did you already try that? Still waiting for your answer.

Best Regards,

Data Ahead

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,529 Views)