DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timer

Can I display a time (stopwatch type counter) with the total sample collection time elapsed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,975 Views)

There are two ways to do this:

1 - use the Time Base module to generate the elapsed measurement time

2- use the Read Global Variable module to read the ${ELAPSED_TIME} system variable.

In both cases, you will have seconds. Configure the Digital Meter to display time, and it will show H:M:S.00 format/

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,937 Views)

Can this be done in DASYlab Light 2016? We are using an Omega D8400 DAQ, installed on an Intel NUC5i3RYH with i3 processor, 8 GB of installed RAM and Windows 10 Pro.

As I don't see anything other than general ${VAR#} global variable notation I thought that I might need to create such a variable, but that hasn't been successful really. I figured the module, Read Global Variable would've been my ticket since I did not see the Time Module in my module list. 

I really just want a digital meter displaying the time in elapsed seconds and did not think it would be so convoluted as the software is already reading it from the hardware. Sees like that could be a really useful add-in.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,600 Views)

Set up the Read Variable module. Right click in the variable number parameter field, select Global Variable, and pick a value from the bottom of the list. 

It should look like this when done. 

You can simply type in ${ELAPSED_TIME} (or copy and paste from here). 

2017-10-20_13-07-27.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 4 of 6
(4,593 Views)

Thank you very much! I guess is doesn't matter that I cannot actually set the units to seconds since I'm just using it for experiment tracking anyways. The digital meter seems to understand that it's seconds anyways.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,591 Views)

There's a way around that... the drop down list is very short and incomplete.

Feel free to simply type in sec or seconds or s into the Unit field. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,589 Views)