From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The device entered an offline state" - Iotech Daqboard 505

Hello everyone,

Lately, I have been using an Iotech Daqboard 505 combined with DasyLab. That board has maximum sample rate 200000 samples/sec. Unfortunately, when I set that sampling rate into Dasylab I get instantly a daqboard runtime error – “The device entered an offline state”. By reducing the sampling rate I can increase the duration that everything works fine. So far the rate that looks to have no problems is 5Hz.

What can I do so that I can utilize my card’s maximum sampling rate?

I have been told that enabling DMA bus mastering on the PCI slot that the board is installed is the solution. Is it correct? If so, how could that be done?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,682 Views)

Have you contacted IOtech (now Measurement Computing) support?

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,678 Views)

Run the Resource Test found in the Daq Configuration utility – make sure to close DASYLab first. The Resource Test will provide a good idea of how fast the board can transmit data. If the Resource Test fails and the problem is bus mastering then I believe the error message will indicate so . Otherwise, contact Measurement Computing directly.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,676 Views)

How many channels are you using?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,669 Views)

I have already run Daq Confijuration Utility and the "Test hardware" option inside Dasylab. The result in both is "Sampling Rate: 200000samples/sec".

In order to eliminate possible reasons of the malfunction I dramatically simplified my layer. Last time I tested it, it had only an A/D module directly connected to Digital Meter Module. The only parameter I was changing was Sampling Rate (Buffer size, block size --> Auto). At 5Hz all fine. After that, the higher the Sampling Rate the faster the error message pops up.

I haven't contacted MCC so far.

I am using 7 channels.

Thanks for the response so far Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,663 Views)