From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening a worksheet when not connected to hardware

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a DASYLab program that I need to be able to work on when I am not connected to the hardware - think working from home.  I have exported all of the tasks used by the program and imported them into Max on my laptop.  When I open it I get these errors

Error1.PNGError2.PNG

as well as a Task DI and a Task DO error worded like the AI error.  Where might I have gone wrong and how do I identify the problem?

Lab PC: DASYLab 2016 release 14.0.1 build 705, NIMAX v17.0

Laptop: DASYLab 2016 release 14.0.1 build 721, NIMAX  v19.5

Jim

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,866 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lmtis

HI,

I'm not sure about the Counter module complaining... moving from .705 to .721 should be seamless. Going back to .705 is problematic, and I would suggest updating the Lab to .721. 

The Task messages suggest that the NI driver is not enabled. Run the Configurator 2016, open the Packages tab, open the Data acquisition list, and enable NI / National Instruments. 

Moving back to the Lab, the version difference in NI-MAX/NI-DAQmx may matter, but probably not. 

Can you share the worksheet? 

Thanks!

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 3
(2,837 Views)

Enabling NI was the answer.  I'm afraid I'm not permitted to share it, even though it really doesn't contain anything secret or proprietary.

Thank you CJ!

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,785 Views)