From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use a touchscreen in place of keyboard input with dasylab 10

I want to set up my operator control interface using a touchscreen instead of keyboard keys.  Is this possible with DasyLab 10?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,420 Views)
Yes, you can.
Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,419 Views)

Thanks for the input.

Can I do this without any additiional software applications, just DasyLab.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,405 Views)

My understanding of touch screen software is that it looks like a mouse input to the DASYLab software.

There's nothing that you need to do. I've seen DASYLab set up and run using a touchscreen in the past,

so, I have confidence that it will work seamlessly with the current release.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,403 Views)

If you are using a monitor connected to the computer running DASYLab, then use the layouts, we created a couple of application that way and it worked great.

If you are using a HMI unit, then you can use the RS232 input and outputs modules in Dasylab to communicate with it.  We also created applicatins that communicate with PLC in the same matters.

Either or, you should not have any problems.

Tom

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,401 Views)