cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vary TTL signal with slider or switch

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

I would like to vary the TTL phase 1 duration with a switch/toggle/relay/slider.  i am outputing a signal to PWM to control an ESC.  How can this be done in DASYlab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(325 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author donrafa7
05-21-2019 01:50 PM

You can create a Generator module, and select amplitude, frequency and duty cycle to modulate. 

Then connect a Slider to that input to the Generator. 

You'll need to work the settings of the Rectangular waveform to give it an offset so that it does 0-5, not +/-5.

- cj

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 7
(307 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author donrafa7
05-21-2019 01:50 PM

Attached is an example for DASYLab 2016 SP1.

- cj

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(301 Views)

Thanks,  exactly what i needed

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(297 Views)

I'm having trouble getting the speed to modulate,  the motor turns on and i can basically do 0 or 100.  I'm wondering if my timebases are off?  using an instrunet-423 at 5000hz.  Analog out  Can you take a look at my worksheet.  thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(273 Views)

Change the time base of the Slider to use the instrunet time base for output ... 

Failing that, you'll have to check your instrunet output settings.

2019-05-24-PrintScreen-0000.jpgChange the Slider Time base setting

- cj

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(271 Views)

that had a better result.  i can modulate somewhat.  The motor/esc seem to only be working when using 5000hz with a block size of 2.  Could my output frequency be too low?  also do you think i would get better results going to a digital output instead of analog?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(267 Views)