From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vary TTL signal with slider or switch

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to vary the TTL phase 1 duration with a switch/toggle/relay/slider.  i am outputing a signal to PWM to control an ESC.  How can this be done in DASYlab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,253 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author donrafa7

You can create a Generator module, and select amplitude, frequency and duty cycle to modulate. 

Then connect a Slider to that input to the Generator. 

You'll need to work the settings of the Rectangular waveform to give it an offset so that it does 0-5, not +/-5.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 7
(4,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author donrafa7

Attached is an example for DASYLab 2016 SP1.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,229 Views)

Thanks,  exactly what i needed

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,225 Views)

I'm having trouble getting the speed to modulate,  the motor turns on and i can basically do 0 or 100.  I'm wondering if my timebases are off?  using an instrunet-423 at 5000hz.  Analog out  Can you take a look at my worksheet.  thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,201 Views)

Change the time base of the Slider to use the instrunet time base for output ... 

Failing that, you'll have to check your instrunet output settings.

Change the Slider Time base settingChange the Slider Time base setting

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,199 Views)

that had a better result.  i can modulate somewhat.  The motor/esc seem to only be working when using 5000hz with a block size of 2.  Could my output frequency be too low?  also do you think i would get better results going to a digital output instead of analog?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,195 Views)