From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS files in Dasylab

Hi,

I am using Dasylab 2016 trial (to see if it will work, we have Dasylab 2013 currently) as a client is providing data in TDMS format.  I am able to successfully read a single file but I can't get the multifile to work despite that we use it all the time.

I get the following error "The multifile was saved with a different file format."  

Attached is the file header for first and second file shown in the read module.

Anyone try this or know why I might be getting this error.   Reading in multiple files without a multifile option makes it nearly impossible 😉

Thanks,

Zac

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,337 Views)

Zac,

I will need to see both the worksheets and two or more of the files, please.

There may be issues with the evaluation, since it has a 2 hour run time, and reading back files sometimes confuses the timer.

If you would like to talk to us, give us a call at Measurement Computing, 508-946-5100, Ask for sales support, or just ask for me, "cj". 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,317 Views)

For everyone's benefit, I was able to get some assistance from MeasX who had some really good suggestions.

Best advice is to use Dasylab to create a TDMS file set first.  Review that using the Excel plugin to examine the header and make sure whatever TDMS file you are providing mimics that.  It's not elegant, but it works.

-Z

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,016 Views)