cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing data between Dasylab and Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Does anyone has experience sharing data between Dasylab 2016 and Labview 2017 simultaneously.

I have an instrument with a Labview interface and I would like to feed its output into my Dasylab based test stand.

Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Dasylab 2016 + Labview 2017

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,633 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon-lee

I would either use Datasockets or LabVIEW "global variables". 

DASYLab has a pair of Datasockets module espressly to communicate with other NI products. 

The Datasocker server is installed with DASYLab. 

DASYLabalso can read and write to OPC, which is how you would read the LabVIEW variables. 

I have done both, but not recently. If you need help, I can put together an example. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 5
(4,632 Views)

Thank you for that -

An example would be most appreciated if it isn't too much trouble.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,621 Views)

Hi CJ,

I had a successful play with Datasockets today and I believe they can do the job.

Its an easy, slick solution - thanks for pointing me in the right direction

SL

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,577 Views)

Excellent. 

This article on the LabVIEW dashboard was interesting, and I used it a few years ago to set up variables with LabVIEW. I then was able to use DASYLab to update those variables and view them on the dashboard. 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14689/en/

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,574 Views)