DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send different commands to RS232 during measurement

Martin, you should have posted this as a new question.

Without knowing the version of DASYLab, the level (Full, Basic, Lite, Pro) or the device that you are communicating with, we can only suggest some general things.

Create a RS232 Output module and configure it for the correct communications port. If you just need to send a command, configure the module to send commands, not data. Then enter the command in the command box. Use \r to send a <CR> and \n to send a <LF>.   

To use a data event or time event to trigger the RS232 module to send the command, you need to activate the setting to use an input. This input will look for 0 or 5, and 5 (TTL High) will send the command. You can also use an Action module to send the command  without an input on the RS232 output module .

You can use a Trigger or a Comparator module to determine when to send the command, or, any other technique that will provide a TTL high for the RS232 module.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,648 Views)

Dear Cj

Ok, I'll post it as a new question tomorrow as I need to see the machine. I'll provide the complete information later.

Thx

Regards

Martin Wijaya

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(2,645 Views)