DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC input module unknown upon worksheet startup. No sound card installed error.

Hi all,

I am on v11.00.00 and have two problems.

1. Upon startup, I get a 'no sound card installed' error despite having already selected the sound board from the Measurement tab. I've already checked the Windows Device manager and verified that the sound card is working OK.

2. Upon loading a worksheet, I get a module unknown error - in this case an OPC Input module for a DT9837B sound and vibration measurement box. I've already installed the DAQ OEM drivers.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,840 Views)

You may need to edit the sounddrv.ini file to change the device number. 

The default file is this

[SETUP]
PlayWelcome=1
DisplayNoSoundCardMsg=0
InputDevice=0
OutputDevice=0
BitsPerSample=16
LeftVolume=50000
RightVolume=50000
SameVolume=1

Change InputDevice to =1

File is in the Public users folder (Documents and Settings\All Users on XP), in the DASYLab\11.0.0\Eng folder.

OPC and DT have nothing to do with each other. They may be conflicting, however, since both are add-on drivers. If you edit the DASYLab.ini file (same location as the SoundDrv.ini file), put a semicolon character ";" in front of the line that loads the OPCC.DLL.

If the line is missing (i.e., the DT installation obliterated it), change one of the other lines to be DLLx=Opcc.dll. That will add it back in. 

Ensure that the DT driver is loaded. Both of these are in the [EXTEND] section of the file. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,833 Views)

1. There are some sound card drivers that disable the "speaker" and/or "microphone" part of the hardware, if there's no speaker or micro plugged.

DASYLab says, that there is no card, if one of these parts is "missing". Attach some speakers/a micro, or load the "demo driver" instead of the sound card driver.

2. Make sure to use the latest DT DASYLab driver 6.6.0.0 and the latest OmniCD 7.8.0. The latest DASYLab driver was released a weeks ago.

OmniCD: http://www.datatranslation.com/cd/omni/details.asp?cid=2&pid=10

DASYLab driver www.datatranslation.eu/en/software/test-and-measurement-software/compatible-software/dasylab,965.htm...

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,823 Views)

Thanks for your input!

I set InputDevice to =1, but the message persisted.

After changing DisplayNoSoundCardMsg=0 to DisplayNoSoundCardMsg=1, the pop up upon startup disappeared.

After installing Omni CD (OEM) 7.8.0 the worksheet no longer confused between OPC and DT.

The worksheet now loads, but complains that the driver version isn't correct: 

DTOL: Info 
In case of different driver versions the analog input module is reset to default settings. Please reconfigure!

Is this a problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,799 Views)

gavinleng,

I'm glad that the original two issues have been resolved! As for driver versions, are you seeing an error when you run? Or, is the error you see preventing you from running your program?

There might be someone on the forum that knows specifically about the Omni driver, and if not you might look to the creator of that driver set.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,765 Views)