DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB-6259 and DasyLab 12

Hello all,

Im trying to work with a NI-USB 6259 device and DasyLab 12. I have installed daqmx 9.7.5 and ran NI Max. I can see the USB-6259 in device and interfaces but when I try to right click on the device it does not allow me. Any advice?

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,119 Views)

What are you trying to do?

Which operating system are you using?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(7,117 Views)

Hello,

I want to generate an analog output using DasyLab and the USB-6259 to send to a controller. The signal must be -10/10 V. Therefore, I am following the procedure to connect the NI-USB 6259 to DasyLab. I am using Windows 7.

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,113 Views)

to use the board in with DASYLab, you need to create a task in MAX and then use the task in DASYLab.

So, instead of right cloick on the board, go to "Data Neibourogh" click on the pluse, and then select tasks.  After that, you will be able to create a new task and configure it as you please.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(7,111 Views)

That's "Data Neighborhood" to create the tasks.

There is a section in the DASYLab Help that might assist... 

2013-12-11_PrintScreen-0000.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(7,106 Views)

Hello all,

I hope you are doing well. Thanks for your help, I have succesfully installed and measured with the USB-6259 using DasyLab 12. Now, I am trying to create an analog output signal of max and min -10V/10V to send to a controller. I have created the file of voltages and Im trying to use DasyLab 12 to read it to send to the USB-6259. The problem is the timing, for example how to I tell or command to read and output each file value at t seconds?.

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,757 Views)

f you are using the Read Data module to read an ASCII file, the timing settings are in the ASCII Options dialog.

You can set a sample rate/block size, or you can force DASYLab to use the timing in the file. I suggest that you use the "triggered" setting.

NOTE that DASYLab can only read files that use TAB or SEMICOLON to separate the data. DASYLab cannot read CSV files. 

Also, we pay attention to the DASYLab Forum (other software).

2014-02-19_PrintScreen-0000.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,754 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already fixed it with your recommendations. I generated the data and put a Chart recorder to see the curve (a sine wave) and it displays correctly. Now does that translate to the USB-NI 6259?. I mean the timing or frequency. It says in the manual that I should connect the postive end to A0 and negative end to A0GND. If I connect an oscilloscope to the connection I would see the same as in the chart recorder?

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,751 Views)

Yes, you should see the same thing, as long as your task settings are at the same or higher sample rate. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,748 Views)

Hi,

Thanks again for your help. I have one more question. When I configure the task for this analog output, I have for the generation mode (time settings) options for continuous and N samples. For the application that I want, to create a waveform from a file in DasyLab 12, which is one a better option? I think continuous.

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,712 Views)