DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing timeslice’ module after V14 upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution

After upgrading from Dasylab V8 to Dasylab V14 I seem to be missing the ‘timeslice’ module.

My Signal FID’s ran for many years on a XP laptop + Parallel port shuttle.  The failure of this laptop forced me to modernise. The new laptop has Windows 7 so Dasylab had to be upgraded + the lack of parallel ports meant a new DAQ.

I now find the black box that was written on V8 no longer function under v14 and it appears that the timeslice has disappeared.

The slice was used to distinguish eight ranges (based on a range voltage) and scale the 4-20ma signal to suit.

Can anyone suggest an alternative method to achieve the same result?

I have attached the original black box if it is any assistance.

Hardware

Windows 7 + Dasylab v14 + NI cDAQ-9191 + NI 9207

Software

MAX v16 + Dasylab v14 full

P.S. I’m using the DAQmx driver for the hardware interface and I can set up the required task under MAX but I’m unsure of the best timing setting – Acquisition mode – samples  to read – rate etc. to achieve the fastest acquisition.

PPS the black box is only a snip because the forum doesn't accept the file extension. if required  please msg me an e-mail  and I will send it. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon-lee

Time Slice was subject to a rename several releases ago, and is now the Signal Switch module in the Data Reduction group. 

Either contact us at Measurement Computing to check your serial number, or message me with the entire worksheet, not just the black box. 

Most older worksheets should load without error, but, you do need to "fake out" the driver by selecting the DEMO driver as the main driver. That way the DataShuttle modules should load. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 3
(3,650 Views)

Hi CJ,

Thanks for the advice – as usual it was spot on. I spent a happy Easter re-writing the worksheet and it now runs as it should. Even the acquisition rate returned to full speed after removing the v8 foreign object.

Next I’m going to look at using the slope limitation module to control the voltage spike when the range changes and add some programmatic control for the mass flow controllers.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,591 Views)