DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge global variables from two or more worksheets

I have 4 worksheets that will be linked by sequencer in Version 13. I want to have all variables common to each worksheet. Each worksheet has its own variables, but needs to share some with other worksheets. There are no duplicate variable numbers between all worksheets. I tried copying one worksheet variables to Excel and then saving as a CSV file. That did not work. I checked the Help file and noted that the number of columns and column order was different, so I made that change. I tried with and without the header row, but the variable.CSV file failed to import into another worksheet. Perhaps I am making a simple formating error or failing to set variable or Global atributes correctly. One concern is that the Help file may be from older version and not compatible with current version. I tried Exporting Variables from one worksheet and then Importing into another as VAR file. This approach apparently does not allow a clean merge of current and imported variables, since all of the defined variables in the receiving worksheet were Reset to zero, and the Names and Descriptions were removed. A lot of lost work, unless they can be imported and restored!

Thanks,

Walt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,186 Views)

I solved my problem today. CSV files did not work. TXT with semicolun delimeter worked. I hope the programmers fix the Export and Import of Variables and Strings!

Walt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,084 Views)