From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using DASYLab 8.0 full version,How to add the PID module in the front panel design(layout window)? so that i can vary the p,i,d values in the layout window

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using DASYLab  8.0 full version,How to add the PID module in the front panel design(layout window)? so that i can vary the p,i,d values in the layout window

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KevinKM

To do that you will need to replace the PID values with varibles and then use the sliders to add numbers to a latch the point to that variables.

That is the way I think it works in Version 8.

In any case you should upgrade to 12 been more stable.

Also, unless is a very slow process, I usually to not like to close a PID loop with DASYLab due to the fact that computers cannot be trusted with timing.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,109 Views)

Here's a picture to show you.

Printscreen0007.jpg

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,106 Views)

Thanks for the info,

what are the properties settings that i need to do for the module Global Variable set. and i am not able to replace the pid values with global variables for the PID Module, i mean to say the settings are not getting changed.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards,

Kamasani

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,098 Views)

Make sure, that you write the sliders' values into the correct variables. Use the same variables in the PID-module for the P, I, D fields.

(Slider module --> wirte global variable-module)

slider, chan0 --> write into ${VAR_1}

slider, chan1 --> write into ${VAR_2}

slider, chan2 --> write into ${VAR_2}

Use ${VAR_1} as the content of the P-value-field.

Use ${VAR_2} as the content of the I-value-field.

Use ${VAR_3} as the content of the D-value-field.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,090 Views)

Thanks for the info, now its working fine.

Regards,

Kamasani

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,087 Views)