DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop a trigger from occurring more than once

I need to monitor a counter and on the first instance of a trigger condition store the counter value then never let it happen again unitl I restart the test.

Looking for some ideas out there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,798 Views)

1) Use the Start/Stop Trigger

2) Use the Combi Trigger with the stop condition as Never.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 13
(6,796 Views)

Thanks CJ

My bad on my explanation yesterday.

I am monitoring an accelerometer for when it moves.  The change I am looking for to determine movement is a +/- 3% change.  At the FIRST determination of movement I need to store when it happended in "samples", by means of a counter and not let this value be overwritten.

I used a Trigger On Demand block for the 3%, which works for showing when the change has happened.  I have added the Combi trigger like you suggested and this does stop the counter, however it resets to 1 upon stopping so I am not getting the count desired...Any thoughts??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,781 Views)

Can you show a screenshot of the data and what you're looking for ?

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,776 Views)

CJ,

Here is a screenshot of what I am messing with.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,774 Views)

Hang on... does .png not work?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,772 Views)

jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,769 Views)

Are you attaching a file or inserting an image?

Insert using this button. This is a PNG.

2015-06-05_11-15-49.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,766 Views)

dasylab_trig_count.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,765 Views)

Okay... can I have the worksheet, too? I need to look at your settings. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,763 Views)